Vacancy - Parliamentary Assistant (Bulgarian native speaker or equivalent), Office of Dr Antonyia Parvanova, Member of the European ParliamentOctober 11, 2011
Dr Antonyia Parvanova MEP is Vice-President of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe (ALDE), coordinator for her political group in the Committee on Women's rights and gender equality (FEMM), and Member of the the Committee on the Environment, Public Health and Food Safety (ENVI). She also serves as a substitute Member in the Committee on the Internal Market and Consumers Protection (IMCO) and is a Member of the Delegations for the relations with Canada and the Delegation to the Union for the Mediterranean Parliamentary Assembly.
More information on Ms Parvanova's activities can be found on the following webpages:
The office of Dr Antonyia Parvanova MEP is looking for a parliamentary assistant (EP Accreditated Parliamentary Assistant status and contract), mainly responsible - but not exclusively - for the work in the Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality, and for supporting media relations and communications activities.
- Manage office tasks and provide administrative support. This will include diary management, event organisation and liaison with constituency office in Bulgaria
- Follow and support legislative work in the Committee on Women's Rights and Gender Equality
- Carry out research and develop drafts for reports, legislative amendments, speeches, parliamentary questions
- Manage Bulgarian media relations, in coordination with the press officer in Sofia, support online media information development, draft press articles
- Assist in work in other relevant Committees and Delegations (IMCO, ENVI, Union for the Mediterranean,...)
- Attend meeting on Ms Parvanova's behalf as required
- Language: Bulgarian native speaker or equivalent, excellent command of English (spoken and written), knowledge of French would be an advantage but is not essential
- University degree in political sciences, international relations, European law, European affairs and admisnistration, or public relations
- Good knowledge of the EU decision-making process and legislative procedures, working experience in the European Parliament or in other European Institutions would be an advantage
- Experience and expertise in the field of Women's Rights, Gender Equality, Fundamental Rights or Anti-discrimination law is preferred
- Strong organisational, IT and administrative skills, ability to manage and prioritise own workload, capacity to work under short deadlines
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, ability to liaise with senior-level officials
- Prior experience in the field of media relations or public relations would be an advantage
- Capacity to work independently but also collaboratively as part of the team in Brussels and Sofia
- Creativity and sense of intiative
Please send your CV along with a covering letter to email@example.com by Friday 21th October 2011, 12.00 am. Interviews for selected candidates will be held in Brussels during the week starting 7th November 2011.